Claremont United Methodist Church
Our new toll-free phone number: 844-251-6335
New email addresses are now in use!
* Mark Wiley: email@example.com
* Martha Morales: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Jessica Johnston: EITHER email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous “.org” address will continue to function for a short time. It is our plan that they will then reappear at a later date when our web-hosting has been updated.
Our Sunday Schedule
children leave from worship
adults ~10:30 a.m.
Young Adult Fellowship
60-Minute Election Day Countdown!
Join the Church and Society Committee on October 2, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. after church as we review in 60 minutes (or less?) the plethora of propositions California voters face on Election Day, plus one facing only LA County voters!
Pastor Mark will moderate and be time keeper as fellow-members present, among them
Dan Domonoske, Sara Domonoske,Jim Dwyer, Ed Hume, Susan Hume Robin Rhodes, Constance Waddell, Anita Zachary.
We plan to address 5 propositions with 5 minutes or less per proposition and 3 with 1 1/2 minutes or less, leaving roughly 15 minutes for discussion or questions about other propositions or election issues.
Chrck out some voters’ guides from outide institutions by clicking the orange button below— as wel an interesting article from the Wall Street Journal about a “Methodist Movement” in U.S. politics!
Other Weekly Events
Choirs, Music, Dance & Theater programs for children & adults
Study & Fellowship Groups
Preschool for ages 2-5
Service & Social Witness Events
Our Pastors and Church Office
Our Mission Statement
- We nurture one another on our spiritual journeys.
- We work for peace and justice.
- We serve others and God’s creation.
—Adopted by CUMC Church Council, 2009
We are part of the CalPac Conference
We are a Reconciling Congregation
We Affirm God’s Covenant with the Jewish People
Furthermore, we state that anti-Judaism in ail forms should be universally condemned. We ask forgiveness for past sins and persecutions against the Jewish people. We pray that old barriers to communication and understanding will be removed and that the relationships of this church with the congregation of the local Jewish community will be enhanced.
Approved by the Administrative Board, 1/19/1993.
As part of the United Methodist Church we Respect Islam and Oppose Discrimination against Muslims.
- To oppose demagoguery, manipulation, and image making that seeks to label Arabs and Muslims in a negative way;
- To counter stereotypical and bigoted statements made against Muslims and Islam, Arabs and Arabic culture;
- To increase knowledge of neighbor by study and personal contact that yield a greater appreciation of the Muslim and Arabic contributions to society;
- To act decisively to include Arabs and Muslims in interfaith and community organizations;
- To pray for the perfection of community among us and to participate fully in the process of bringing it into being; and
- To publicly denounce through statements from the Council of Bishops and the General Board of Church and Society current practices that discriminate against this community.”